Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Going Nuts

Just got home from the Health Food Store. Yes I do lead an exciting life don't I? Please try not to envy me. Hey, it gets better; My next stop was the public library. I know. Livin' the dream!


Anyway, at the health food store I realized that Thursday has to be my last day on the Raw Detox diet. I began the diet on September 13, so Thursday will be  25 days. It was a great diet and I will definitely revisit it in a couple of months. But for now I need to put it aside, because I am going nuts!

No, seriously. Between the Raw Detox diet and my food allergies, my protein choices are so limited,it just seemed logical to go nuts. It was while on my hunt for almond butter, that I realized: There are just too many nuts in my life. Aside from the usual suspects, that is. You know who you are.

The nuts that concern me for the moment live in my fridge and my pantry and are stashed in my desk drawer at the office. I have almond butter, almond milk,cashew butter, almonds, walnuts and cashews. (That reminds me, I have to pick up some macadamia nuts.) 

But, as bad a reputation as nuts have for being fattening, they actually are a good source of protein and a good raw fat. With all the nuts I have eaten in the past 3 weeks, I have still managed to lose six pounds.

Still, as a recovering peanut butter addict, I am concerned. And although, it's been 23 days (Who's counting?),since I had peanut butter, I'm afraid I may still have a problem. I may need an intervention before I get a little squirrely.

No comments:

Post a Comment