Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Detox

So in my last post, I mentioned that I was in the middle of a raw detox diet.  My sister Lori and I have been discussing a raw diet for the past few months. Like me, she is no stranger to dieting and is willing to try anything (within reason) that leads to optimum health and weight loss. Not necessarily in that order. 


We do differ in some areas where food is concerned. For one thing; my teenage daughter thinks French Fries are a vegetable, while Lori's two preschool boys, have been on a steady diet of a 'green drink' since they were off the breast. And they like it.The greener the better.


Yeah I know. Bad Mommy. Go for it. Judge me.


Anyway, we have been hesitant about going completely raw because of the potential side effects like rashes and cold sores brought on by detoxing too quickly. Hey,we're not fanatics. We want to be skinny, not scary. Then we found this book called, "The Raw Food Detox Diet" that gently eases you toward going raw based on your former eating habits. 


Basically the diet is: Fruit in the morning, raw veggies and nuts in the afternoon and a cooked meal at night. (no beef or pork). There's a lot more involved, but that's it in a nutshell. So far I like the diet. I am not hungry, I feel good and I am losing weight.- Not as much as Lori-the skinny b- who always does great on a diet, but I'm holding my own. In fact,I can actually see myself headed toward an 80/20 lifestyle where food is concerned. (80 Raw-20 Cooked).



But now here's the rub. Since I have discovered that I am allergic to all these foods (oranges,celery,spinach and carrots being among them) it's a bit of a challenge to find the right food to eat. The fact that I have to rotate foods further complicates things. I love my strawberries and bananas, but can only have them once every four days. 


Okay, I am through whining. I just have discover more food that I like. 


I know I can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment